The ClassLink integration process is broken up into four major parts:
1. Add the Roster Server App to your ClassLink account.
2. Upload your Roster
3. Set up Sharing Rights
4. Sync your data
Add the Roster Server App to your ClassLink account
1. From your ClassLink admin account, install the Roster Server app. This app makes OneRoster format data available to Fathom Reads for syncing.
Upload your Roster
1. From the Roster Server App click on Import Rosters.
2. If you need further assistance with this process, please contact your ClassLink rep or fill out their help request form here!
Connect to Fathom Reads and Set up Sharing Rules
1. In the Roster Server App click on Applications > Add Applications.
2. Search for "Fathom Reads" and then click Add > Choose Custom Permissions.
3. From the Custom Permissions Menu you can unselect any Orgs (schools) that should not be shared.
Note: For help with sharing rules, please contact ClassLink support here
Sync Your Data
Before performing the final steps of sync process, please review your data for accuracy.
1. Within ClassLink click Applications > Fathom Reads then hover over the box with an up arrow and click Run Sanity Check.
This will display what info you are about to share with Fathom Reads.
- The SourcedID field in ClassLink matches the user_id in Fathom Reads. This number cannot change.
- The number of students should match what the expected number of students.
- Ensure that only the correct classes have been shared.
Finally, after updating your sharing rules in ClassLink, perform a Full ClassLink Sync to create new classes in Fathom Reads.